Learnings from Berlin
DappRadar senior software engineer Jurgis Jaška headed off to Berlin to offer his services as a mentor and judge at Diffusion 2019, a 2 day dev conference made up of hacks, product launches, and live demos.
Diffusion 2019 gave us a chance to get to know the German blockchain ecosystem better and learn more about some of the world’s most exciting Web 3 protocols, blockchain, AI, IoT, and Big Data.
Continuing our drive to provide the most trustworthy and accurate dapp data, we feel it is important to share what we discovered with our community.
What has Jurgis learned, and what kind of projects caught his eye?
What kind of new trends did you notice at the conference?
- At the conference, I wanted to absorb as much information as possible to get an overview of how people in our industry work, what they are creating, what problems they face, and what kind of changes need to happen?
- What I observed was there are more specialized blockchains emerging all the time that are focusing on solving more difficult tasks, such as commodity exchange and decentralized finance, transport and mobility, energy, and healthcare through intelligent data sharing, AI, and machine learning.
- Blockchain is starting to be used not only as a distributed database but also as actuation of code and processes. In other words, it is becoming more serverless.
What was the highlight of the event?
- During the hackathon, I was trying to figure out what people are mostly focused on, what topics they like to discuss and what problems they are facing.
- I realized that most of the topics were about the benefits of UX/DX (User Experience/ Dapp Experience).
- Moreover, it proved my point — the biggest problem in our industry, in my opinion — is that using dapps is complicated for people who have a lack of knowledge in this field.
- I think this is an area where we need to improve, understand the industry’s weaknesses and find ways to leverage them into advantages.
What do you think about the event?
- The whole event experience was good and I would really like to thank the Diffusion team for allowing me to participate, looking after me, and for organizing such a smooth event.
- Mainly it is nice to see so many developers and new talents creating and generating new ideas together, building impressive projects and openly sharing their opinions about dapps, blockchains, and the industry as a whole.
- I observed a fast-growing and engaged community in Berlin and believe that these kind of events are exactly what our industry needs, as it gives people a place to talk, listen and discuss.
- Talking about projects, I discovered a lot of interesting ideas and teams, interacted with a few really interesting projects, although, the majority of them weren’t focusing on the main objective which was the UX.
- Overall, it was a good experience and I am happy that events like this exist where people can realize their ideas and share them with others.
Keep up-to-date with the world of dapps at DappRadar.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel